Stuff Our Lawyer Makes Us Say | Updated June 2018
Herein, “we, sole, sol, our, us” and “Southern Oregon Live” refers to SouthernOregonLiveEvents.com; a wholly owned subsidiary doing business as (DBA) SOROVI Media & Advertising LLC which operates within the legal Jurisdiction of the State of Oregon and federally within the United States. “You” refers to the person accessing or using our site in any capacity.
- We retain the right to moderate all material and to accept, modify, reject, or delete anything on this site at any time at our discretion without notice.
- We do not claim ownership of original work(s) or intellectual property syndicated on SOL except for our own proprietary work(s). All syndicated events on this site that were made publicly available by the artists or venues and posted by us or user submitted is applied to promote the related event(s) and as such is irrevocably retained by us for our discretionary use, modification, distribution, and application on our website and social media.
- If you provide content on SOL, you agree you hold the right(s) to do so as defined by Fair Use, Public Domain, DMCA, Creative Commons, and/or have the author’s permission to copy, syndicate, or otherwise distribute their work(s) on SOL. If you are the owner of such property that you believe is not authorized for use on SOL and you have determined the content is not protected under “fair use” you may submit a DMCA Request for Removal.
- SOL and our API software may syndicate events from artists, venues, websites or webpages, or from whom made the original or subsequent works for public knowledge, and are made available on our site and/or through our social media and shall remain the intellectual/copyrighted property of the original artist(s) or owner(s). If you believe you are the owner of such property that is not authorized for use on SOL or you have determined the content is not protected under “fair use”, you may submit a DMCA Request for Removal.
- Content on our site originates from many sources and parties and does not necessarily reflect the views of SOL. We are not liable or responsible for any offensive or misleading content, libel or slander, misrepresentation, infringement, plagiarism of intellectual property, nor any harm, legal or monetary retribution, from ANY material whatsoever posted or submitted on this site. If you suspect any such content please email us.
Our primary goal is to serve the SOL community of users by hosting user generated content or syndicated regional events made public for public knowledge and viewing. That said, legally, we retain the right to unlimited, irrevocable use, distribution, or modification of any content you post such as, but not limited to, sharing and promoting content on Social Media, as follows:
- Your User Generated Content (UGC) Posted on or Through SOL. By posting any User Generated Content (“UGC”) on or through SOL, You hereby grant to SOL a fully paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, create derivative works, and distribute UGC on or through SOL, and as otherwise provided for herein. By posting UGC, You represent and warrant that: (a) You have the right to grant the license set forth in this section; (b) You own or otherwise have the right to post Your UCG; and (c) the posting of Your UGC on or through SOL does not violate any privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, contract rights, or any other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- SOL Content. All right, title, and interest in the intellectual property and proprietary rights in SOL and all of the SOL generated content (e.g., text, audio, audiovisual, graphics, software, photographs, page layout, and design) available on or through SOL as well as all technical data and software used with SOL are owned, license, or used with permission by SOL. SOL Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other laws, and SOL owns and retains all rights in the SOL Content. SOL hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sub-licensable license to reproduce and display the SOL Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with using the SOL Services. Except as otherwise provided above, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any SOL content appearing on or through the SOL Services. Use of SOL Content anywhere other than on or through the SOL Services for any reason is prohibited. All features of and content on or through the SOL Services is presumed to be proprietary and copyrighted, unless otherwise designated. Except for the UGC you submit and own, you have no proprietary rights whatsoever in the SOL services or its features.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your information collected during the use of this site is used for the purpose of this site which is not limited to contact information, IP/ISP, user id, browser, language, location, site login, email, social media login, user name, password, and/or other information related to use of this site or any social media exchange(s).
We may at times contact our registered users about updates, notices, site changes, content you post, or other site related matters. We may also be legally required to provide your information to state or federal authorities if you provide or have provided (potential or otherwise) illegal content or caused physical or financial harm through conduct or content on SOL.
- We do not sell your information. However, we do retain the right to sell, transfer, or merge SOL in its entirety without notice which may include your identifiable such as but not limited to user name or email information obtained through your use of SOL as stated herein.
- Third party advertising, Google Analytics, Social Media links, or other internal/external links and/or software on our site may use information through cookies about your visit to SOL such as, but not limited to Demographics and Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration.
- You must be 18 or over to use or register an account with SOL.
- You can request to permanently delete your account on SOL through our Help Desk here
This site may be hyper-linked to other sites which are not maintained by, or related to, SOL. Hyper-links to such sites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with this site or SOL. SOL has not reviewed any or all of such sites and is not responsible for the content of those sites. SOL is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any hyper-linked site. Hyper-links are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and SOL makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness, or accuracy of these hyper-links or the sites hyper-linked to this site. SOL provides hyper-links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any hyper-link to a third-party site does not necessarily imply endorsement by SOL of that site or any association with its operators.
POSTING & USE
You agree not to use, apply, or distribute software, code, spiders, crawlers or any other means to interact with SOL except for the use of a standard unmodified browser.
Posting misrepresented, misleading, or fraudulent content is prohibited and may be subject to legal action against you. Fraud, deception, intentional misrepresentation, or knowingly providing false or misleading information or impression with the intention to do so is enforceable through state or federal law. It is the full intent of SOL to report any misuse and to abide requests by legal authorities within state and federal regulations.
- You must be 18 or over to register and/or post content to this site.
- Registered users without posts may get marked as spam and removed from the site.
- Ads placed in the events section will be deleted.
- Duplicate posts of the same event will be deleted.
- Users may lose their accounts for violating these terms.
WAVIER OF LIABILITY
SOL is designed as a site for syndicating local, public events created, produced, preformed, managed, owned, or run by other parties and makes no guarantee or promises, and furthermore, waives all liability and risk from such information and the use thereof. Many events posted on SOL are obtained from individuals not affiliated as agents of SOL, and while content on SOL is monitored by us it may contain, and is not limited to, canceled events, malicious attempts from content originators, difficult access to events, incomplete or wrong dates, times, addresses or locations, incomplete or wrong vendor or contact info, as well as other various information and technological glitches, or misuse. Please report any such content.
- We disclaim any condition, guarantee, or warranty, express or implied, made herein about ability, usability, function, or purpose.
DISCLAIMER & RISKS
Not all events are created equally and each event may not be suitable for everyone. By choosing to engage in an event listed on SOL, you assume total liability and risks, including but not limited to, psychological, physical, financial or other challenges and/or damage. Furthermore, our site may be prone to damages or changes not limited to loss of service, misuse, hackers, virtual bugs, errors, offensive posting(s) or materials, disruptions, down-time, maintenance, service, upgrades, changes of any kind, and makes no guarantee herein in any capacity for any reason, and is not liable for such.
- You understand that SOL cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or our site will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output and security, and for maintaining a means external to this site for any reconstruction of any lost data. SOL does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the internet.
- We are not liable for any loss of access to your account because of either system or administration errors and that they may not be reconcilable by SOL.
- Content is not necessarily complete and up-to-date and should not be used to replace any written reports, statements, or notices provided by SOL. All of the information in this site, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on this site, and SOL does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from this site if it is not, or is no longer accurate or complete.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SOL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SOL DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE, OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND SOL MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT SOL ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT. SOL MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.